Legal Notice. These terms and conditions of use govern your use of this web site. This web site is owned and / or operated by or on behalf of Maine Ocean Lobster, LLC. d/b/a The Pointe, www.maineoceanlobster.com, all of which are collectively referred to in these terms and conditions of use as "MOL".
1. Disclaimer Liability - MOL has taken reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained in this web site is accurate; however, all information is provided "as is" without any express or implied warranties, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL MOL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND / OR RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN, EVEN IF MOL HAS BEEN NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF THE POTENTIAL FOR SUCH DAMAGES. You agree that your use of and reliance on this web site are entirely at your own risk. These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice by updating or revising these terms and conditions of use.
In the event any third party asserts a claim against MOL or its affiliates or agents arising from your use of this web site, you shall indemnify and hold harmless MOL and its affiliates and agents against any damages, losses, expenses, cost, or other liabilities of any kind (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or in any way relating to such claim.
There can be no assurance that this web site and / or MOL's servers are free of viruses or other mechanisms harmful to the computer systems of users. MOL and its affiliates are not responsible or liable to any person or entity for a loss, damage, injury, or other liability arising from the information and materials contained in this web site or relating to the use of this web site.
2. Copyright Notice - Copyright notice for all pages on this web site: ©2016 Maine Ocean Lobster. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, transmission, printing, publication, or distribution of this website or any portion thereof without MOL's permission is a violation of United States copyright law and may subject you to civil and criminal penalties. You may only view, reproduce, print, or otherwise use this web site and its content for your personal, informational, and noncommercial use. Any authorized reproduction of this web site must include the copyright notice set forth above.
3. Trademark Notice - All product names, trademarks, service marks, and / or product and logo designs shown on this web site are either the property of or used with permission by MOL, and the use thereof without the express written consent of the owner(s) thereof is strictly prohibited.
4. Links - This web site contains links to third-party web sites. MOL does not control the content of these web sites. Unless specifically stated on this web site to the contrary, MOL is not affiliated with these third parties and does not endorse or sponsor their web sites, products, or services.
5. Privacy - We know that you are concerned about your privacy; so is MOL. To learn more, you can read MOL's Privacy & Security Policy below.
6. Governing Law - By accessing this web site, you agree that the laws of the State of Maine, without regard to the conflict of laws and principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of this web site and the interpretation of these terms and conditions of use. By accessing this web site, you also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of Maine and the venue of the state and federal courts located within Maine.
Privacy & Security
OUR POLICY: YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
MOL respects your privacy and security. MOL's lobster Distribution facility and Internet sites are meant to be of service to you. We record a variety of information from your visit to our facility and / or Internet sites in order to provide you with the best products, timely information, and quality customer service.
This notice explains our store and online information practices as well as the options you can take regarding the way your personal information is collected and used.
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information Shared with Third Parties
Changing Your Information or Unsubscribing
Links to / from Other Sites
Our Commitment to Data Security
Notice of Changes
What Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, and other personal identifying information) when you:
- Make a purchase at our facility.
- Place an order from our Internet site or by phone.
- Return or exchange an item.
- Receive a gift.
- Create an account at maineoceanlobster.com.
- Subscribe to our email list.
- Subscribe to our direct mail list.
- Register or attend one of our events or seminars.
- Enter a contest.
- Inquire about our products or services.
Any personal information that we collect is used for the purposes of completing one of the applicable 10 tasks / items noted above and / or to communicate with you.
Additional information regarding your privacy and the personal information MOL collects from you is detailed below.
Your First MOL Internet Order: Based upon the options you select, we will use the information you provide to:
- Place you on our email list to receive emails with special offers and updates about our products and services, unless you select the checkbox at checkout informing us not to do so.
- Place you on our direct mail list to receive direct mail with special offers and updates about our products and services, unless you select the checkbox at checkout informing us not to do so.
Subsequent MOL Purchases: If you have previously purchased product(s) from MOL, your subscription status will remain unchanged unless you edit your account profile or notify us.
Send a Gift: When you send a gift and request that it is sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's name and postal address. We use this information to ship the product and confirm delivery. We also reserve the right to add this information to our direct mail databases. Any personalized gift message that you provide to us will be used only as part of that message and will not be disclosed other than to the person receiving the gift.
Request for Direct Mail Subscription: When you request to receive our direct mail, we collect your name, postal address, and areas of interest in our product selections. This information is used to send you direct mail offers and updates about our products and services. If you later decide that you do not wish to receive direct mail pieces, simply follow the instructions in the section below entitled, Changing Your Information or Unsubscribing.
Request for Email Subscription: When you request to subscribe to our email list, we collect your email address so that we may send you our e-newsletter with special offers and updates about our products and services. You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe link" at the bottom of any electronic mail that you receive from us or by following the instructions in the section below entitled, Changing Your Information or Unsubscribing.
When you send us an email, we collect your name and email address and use them to reply to your inquiry. Unless you have otherwise agreed (for example, by signing up for our e-newsletter), we do not retain your name and email address to be used for any other reasons but to assist you.
Request from You to Email to Others: When you request that we email any content from our web site to someone else, we collect your name and email address, the other person's name and email address, and the message you write. We use the other person's name and email address only to send the link you requested and your message.
Establish an Online MOL Account: When you establish an online MOL account, we collect your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Your account can be used to update your account information, save addresses to your Address Book, and track orders. We also use the information in your account to place you on our direct mail and email subscription lists unless you select the check boxes informing us not to do so. To update your account information, simply follow the instructions below entitled, Changing Your Information or Unsubscribing.
We do not make lists of our customers' names and postal addresses, email addresses, or phone numbers available to other companies.
We share information about our customers and visitors with trusted service providers who provide MOL with specific services and / or administer activities offered by MOL.
We may use non-personal aggregate information (as opposed to personally identifiable individual information) about our customers and / or visitors to better design our web site and product and service offerings, and we may provide it to advertisers and other third parties.
To review, change, or update information, as it pertains to your personal information or our promotional direct mail and email lists, you have several options:
- maineoceanlobster.com Account Members: Click on the "My Account" button at the top of the home page, and then click on the "Edit My Profile" button to change your information.
- Email: Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, address, email address, and request. Or, unsubscribe via the "unsubscribe link" at the bottom of any electronic mail that you receive from us.
- Postal Mail: Mail us your name, address, email address, and request to Attention: Webmaster, Maine Ocean Lobster 31 badgers island West, Kittery, ME 03904.
- Telephone: Call 207-994-3179 in the United States and Canada.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to this information or making corrections.
Requests to unsubscribe from our mailing list will be processed within 10 days. Please note that you may receive additional correspondence during that time. Also, further delays may occur if the email address or postal address information provided does not match the information in our database.
Links to / from Other Sites
To enhance your shopping experience, MOL may have outgoing links to other Internet web sites owned or operated by third-party vendors and other third parties (external sites). These external sites will have their own rules on privacy that you should review. You may also have visited the MOL web site via a link from an external site. MOL is not responsible for the privacy policies of any external web sites.
Our Commitment to Data Security
MOL wants to ensure the security of your personal and financial information while you are shopping on our web site. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. For this reason, we employ secure sockets layer (SSL) security measures to protect your personal information. Every page of the checkout process on the MOL web site uses SSL to transmit your personal information to our servers. Basically, SSL is a set of rules followed by computers connected to the Internet. These rules include encryption, which guards against eavesdropping, data integrity, which ensures that your communications aren't tampered with during transmission; and authentication, which verifies that the party actually receiving your communication is who it claims to be. For added protection, we urge you to close your browser window (or clear your cache) after shopping online to ensure you are logged out of your visit and / or online account. This is especially important when you are sharing a computer or using a computer with public access.